Today in art we learned all about warm and cool colours. We had a lot of fun painting “hot” dogs and “cool” cats. The students thought the play on words was really funny!

Hot Dogs & Cool Cats on PhotoPeach

15 Responses to “Hot Dogs & Cool Cats”
  1. florrie says:

i love some of the paitings

• Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Florrie,
      Thanks so much for visiting our blog and leaving us such a nice comment! Do you like to paint too?

Mrs. W

2. Miss Lepou says:

Hi Mrs Watson
    I really liked your art. What a great way to teach children about hot and cold colours!

• Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Miss Lepou,
      Thank you for leaving us a comment. We have been having a wonderful time learning all about colour. Some of the students have asked if they can switch and do the other animal for another painting!

Mrs. W

3. Miss Jordan says:

Dear Mrs Watson and the 2/3s,

Wow, you all have so much fun in your class! I love reading about all of your different Art lessons. What a fantastic and creative teacher you have, thinking of these ideas! My grandma is an artist. She paints “fairy pictures”, which are very detailed and beautiful watercolour paintings of fairies and elves. Each painting has a different theme. My favourite one is the fairy school painting and I also love the jam making one. When I was a little girl I would always get her to draw pictures of fairies for me to colour in. She also paints landscapes of her local area, which is in the country a few hours away from where I live.

Keep up the great work everyone! :)

Your blogging buddy,
    Miss Jordan

• Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Miss Jordan,
      Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful comment. I wish all of these art ideas were mine, but they actually come from all the wonderful art blogs that I subscribe to. There are some very talented art teachers out there!

Your grandma sounds like an amazing lady and artist. We think that her paintings sound magical! We would love to see her paintings. Do you like to paint too?

Mrs. W and the 2/3′s

4. Mr Hunter says:

Hi

Loved the photopeach about your artwork. I really liked how you made them large and used up all the paper! well done
    Mr Hunter

• Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Mr. Hunter,

Thanks so much for visiting our class blog! We tried really hard to make our dogs and cats fill up our page :)

We made a video for your class today and we can’t wait for you to see it. Tomorrow we will write a blog post to go with it. Your postcards were amazing!

Mrs. W and the 2/3′s

5. Mrs Coates says:

I love the photopeach of your art work. You look like you had lots of fun!
    I teach in the North East of England and am dying to show my class your blog!
    Well done!
    Mrs Coates
    St Gregory’s Primary School
    South Shields
    England

• Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Mrs. Coates,
      Thank you so much for visiting our blog and for looking at our artwork. We love art!

We think it is really cool that your students in England will see our blog. Do you have a class blog?

Your new friends,

Mrs. W and the 2/3′s

6. Anna says:

I loved the art work! This is an awesome way to teach hot and cold colors. I’m sure the students loved creating these “hot” dogs and “cool cats”

7. Whitney Niles says:

It is good to know that students of today’s generation are even allowed to create art or even have Art class within the schools. I don’t remember having Art as a child and it’s definitely being taken away due to the demand of high stakes testing. Good luck with the rest of the school year.

• Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Whitney,
      Thanks so much for visiting our blog! I am very thankful that the students in my class do not have to participate in high stakes testing. I hope that we will always have time for the arts! It is one of our favourite times each week :)

Mrs. W

8. Marie says:

Wow. More fantastic art. I love your hot dogs and cool cats. My Preps experimented with warm and cool colours last term. You are all very artistic – I think you are Art Smart. I can’t wait to see more of your work.
    From Mrs Kennedy and Prep K

• Mrs. Watson says:

Dear Mrs. Kennedy and Prep K,
      Thanks so much for checking out our hot dogs and cool cats. We loved when you called us “Art Smart”. It made us all smile! Did the students have a favourite lesson when they were learning about colours?

Mrs. W and the 2/3′s