If you haven’t tried the Week 1 or 2 activities I hope you’ll give them a try too. Here are some great things to try this week:
This week’s Reading Rockets ideas: Discover recipes for fun
- List all the ice cream flavors you can think of. Now put them in A-BC order.
- Invent a recipe for a cool summer drink. Write it on a recipe card. Serve the drink to your friends.
- Go to the library and find a cookbook. Make the most interesting dish in the book.
- Read the directions on a box of gelatin. Ask a parent if you can help make dessert tonight.
- Work up an appetite by reading a story about food. Make and eat the food you read about.
- Word game! How many smaller words can you find in the word watermelon?
Click the link below to see a great video showing humpbacks bubble feeding. I was lucky enough to witness this several years ago coming home from fishing in Prince Rupert and it is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen!